Reporting to the Director – Business Development, the incumbent will be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships to ensure sales development within the assigned accounts. He will also participate in the development of specific new clients.
Management and development of existing clients
- Build and maintain solid and long-lasting relationships with the various stakeholders of the accounts assigned to him;
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients;
- Collaborate with clients and their engineers to understand the needs, constraints, requirements, timelines and specifications of each new project;
- Qualify opportunities in terms of feasibility, strategic alignment, probability of obtaining and profitability;
- Promote the company’s new products to existing customers;
- Develop and deliver technical presentations explaining the benefits of the products and services offered;
- Answer customer questions and make recommendations;
- Act as a liaison between customers, the various members of the sales team and the estimators;
- Collaborate with the estimators in the negotiation and conclusion of contractual agreements, terms and conditions;
- Survey client satisfaction upon completion of projects;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
Collaborate on strategic sales development
- Identify Techsol Marine’s strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities for assigned customer accounts;
- Support marketing efforts by attending trade shows, conferences and other events;
- Stay informed on markets, new products and competitors;
- Collaborate in the identification of potential clients and the development of new accounts;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the sales strategy and in meeting or exceeding the company’s objectives.
- Consult specialized sites to stay on top of public tenders and qualify them;
- Maintain the customer database and document sales activities in the CRM.
- University degree in electrical engineering or DEC in industrial electronics technology, electrodynamics, instrumentation and control, electrical engineering or equivalent training;
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in electrical engineering or similar field;
- Bilingualism in French and English, oral and written;
- Proficiency of the Microsoft Office Suite and ability to use a CRM;
- Knowledge of SAP (asset);
- Knowledge of the maritime world (asset);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills;
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Initiative and perseverance;
- Ability to approach sales and build relationships with clients in a creative and innovative manner;
- Ability to make presentations and influence stakeholders at all levels;
- Willingness and ability to travel and meet clients internationally.
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job – 37.5 hours per week;
- Possibility of overtime;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Access to a bonus program;
- Complete group insurance (dental, vision, etc.);
- Flexible work hours;
- Work-life balance including the possibility of telework;
- Committee dedicated to listening to the needs of employees;
- Social activities based on employees’ interests;
- Health and safety initiatives program.
NB: Techsol Marine subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The use of the masculine gender in this document is only intended to lighten the text. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.