Assistant Director – Installation
Reporting to the Director – Service and Installation, the incumbent will be responsible for managing the teams responsible for installation projects, i.e. the Site Supervisors – Installation and Planners – Installation. The incumbent will be responsible for the planning and execution of the installation phases of the various projects.
- Ensure the planning of the workforce on the various work sites;
- Participate in the various meetings at the beginning of the installation project with the project manager and the installation planner;
- Participate and approve the selection of PPE for all workers on site with the site supervisors;
- Monitor estimation projects with the Director – Estimation and Projects and assign workforce estimation mandates to his team;
- Supervise, develop, mobilize and evaluate the staff of his team remotely and on site;
- Follow up on the various installation projects with the planners and installation supervisors;
- Ensure a regular presence in the field;
- Participate in the optimization of processes and tasks to facilitate the work of his teams;
- Participate in the improvement of cost control;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- DEC in industrial electronics technology, electrodynamics, instrumentation and control, electrical engineering or DEP in construction electricity or other relevant training;
- Seven to ten years of relevant experience, including a minimum of five years of experience in reporting on site and/or in planning;
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Intermediate English;
- Valid driver’s license and passport for travel within Canada and internationally;
- Knowledge of the maritime world (asset);
- Positive leadership in order to mobilize the team towards the organization’s objectives;
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and pressured environment;
- Good judgment in determining the degree of urgency and in managing priorities;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
We offer real development opportunities as well as a competitive compensation package and benefits!
- Permanent job – 37.5 hours per week;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season!
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Generous employer contribution to the pension plan;
- Access to a bonus program;
- Complete group insurance (dental, vision, etc.);
- Work-life balance including the possibility of teleworking;
- Committee dedicated to listening to the needs of employees;
- Social activities based on employees’ interests;
- Health and safety initiatives program.
NB: Techsol Marine subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The use of the masculine gender in this document is only intended to lighten the text. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.