Director – Service and Technical Support
Reporting to the President and CEO, the position will perform the following duties.
Human resources management
- Supervise and mobilize employees under his/her responsibility;
- Plan manpower needs;
- Assigning tasks within the work team and putting them into production;
- Supervise the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical and electronic systems at the shipyard;
- Evaluate team performance, measure deviations from deadlines and budgets; Determine corrective actions to be taken.
Projects and bids
- Manage calls of tenders;
- Participate and produce project and service bids;
- Manage the department’s operational budget in collaboration with the finance team;
- Monitor the progress of projects to ensure compliance with standards, deadlines, budget and also to ensure that client requirements are met;
- Actively participate in the improvement of installation techniques;
- Provide technical advice to clients and employees on various projects;
- Participate in feasibility studies;
- Participate in feasibility studies; Follow-up on parts sales;
- Develop and establish standards for assembly and manufacturing processes.
- Participate in the development of services offered and evaluate development strategies;
- Develop commercial and technical offers;
- Develop and maintain business relationships;
- Conduct market surveillance to target business opportunities;
- Participate in corporate events, maritime industry specific trade shows and corporate meetings, in collaboration with the sales team;
- Participate and support the activities of the health, safety and environment management system.
- College diploma in industrial electronics technology or other relevant training;
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience, including two (2) years in personnel management;
- Any combination of work experience and academic background will be considered;
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Bilingualism in French and English, both written and spoken;
- Engaging leadership and be recognized as a positive influence in the workplace;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong business acumen;
- Strong business acumen;
- Strong customer focus;
- Creative and innovative approach;
- Strong problem solving skills, rigor and analytical skills;
- Flexibility, agility and great ability to adapt;
- Strong sense of priorities and ability to handle several files at the same time;
- Knowledge of the maritime world (asset).
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job 40 hours per week;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season!
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Generous employer contribution to the pension plan;
- Access to a bonus program;
- Complete group insurance;
- Committee dedicated to listening to the needs of employees;
- Social activities based on employees’ interests;
- Health and safety initiatives program.
NB: Techsol Marine subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The use of the masculine gender in this document is only intended to lighten the text. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.