Reporting to the Director – Estimating and Projects, the incumbent will be responsible for evaluating and developing commercial offers for clients while actively participating in business development.
Estimate and quote
- Evaluate and discuss client needs;
- Develop commercial offers;
- Develop technical bids covering AC (<690 VAC) and DC electrical distribution products and services, electric propulsion, alarm systems, control and monitoring, consoles, engineering and installation services;
- Perform risk analysis for critical opportunities;
- Take charge of customer negotiations for commercial and technical aspects;
- Transfer files to operations;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Actively participate in the development of existing accounts;
- Participate in corporate events, industry specific trade shows and corporate meetings;
- Provide explanations to potential customers regarding the benefits of the company’s products and services;
- Stay abreast of trends and new developments in the market to identify business opportunities;
- Manage the customer accounts assigned to him;
- Support clients in their concept development process (new product development / hybrid architectures);
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Consult specialized websites to stay on top of public tenders and qualify them;
- Maintain the customer database and document sales activities in the CRM.
- DEC in industrial electronics technology, electrodynamics, instrumentation and control or electrical engineering combined with three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering combined with one (1) to two (2) years of relevant experience;
- Any combination of education and experience deemed equivalent will be considered;
- Bilingualism in French and English, both written and spoken;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to use a CRM;
- Excellent ability to develop long term business relationships with clients;
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills;
- Analytical, organizational and planning skills;
- Initiative and perseverance;
- Ability to adapt to the needs and changes of the environment and to modify one’s behaviour while taking into account the opinions of others and the needs of the organization;
- Business acumen;
- Customer oriented.
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
We offer significant development opportunities as well as a competitive compensation package and benefits:
- Permanent job – 37.5 hours per week;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Access to a bonus program;
- Complete group insurance (dental, vision, etc.);
- Flexible work schedule;
- Work-life balance including the possibility of teleworking;
- Committee dedicated to listening to the needs of employees;
- Social activities based on employees’ interests;
- Health and safety initiatives program.
NB: Techsol Marine subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The use of the masculine gender in this document is only intended to lighten the text. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.