Reporting to the Director – Estimating and Projects, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the various projects under his responsibility, from contract award to commissioning and project closure. He will act as a resource person for the clients and other stakeholders and will ensure that the interests of clients and the company are in line.
Planning and communication
- Understand client expectations;
- Initiate project takeover;
- Conduct project risk analysis and find solutions to potential problems;
- Plan the different stages and deliverables of projects;
- Ensure the post-mortem of projects and the transfer to the after-sales service;
- Ensure effective communication between clients, designers and all other project stakeholders;
- Make requests and follow up on material orders with the procurement department.
Coordinate and lead
- Ensure the functional management of human resources assigned to projects;
- Work in close collaboration with all departments involved in the execution of projects;
- Assign tasks to work teams and ensure compliance of projects before they go into production;
- Regularly evaluate the team’s performance and deviations from the set deadlines and budgets and take the necessary corrective measures.
Cost control and follow-up
- Ensure the financial and material management necessary for the proper running of projects;
- Ensure quality control in accordance with the ISO 9001 standard and compliance with applicable rules and standards;
- Carry out a rigorous control of the costs and the deadlines to be respected.
Estimate and quote extras
- Discuss with customers to assess their needs and develop commercial offers;
- Negotiate with customers at the commercial and technical levels;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering combined with two (2) to three (3) years of relevant experience; OR
- DEC in industrial electronics technology, electrodynamics, instrumentation and control, electrical engineering or equivalent training combined with four (4) to five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Any combination of education and experience deemed equivalent will be considered;
- Bilingualism in French and English, both written and spoken;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and common project planning tools such as MS Project and Zoho;
- Excellent ability to develop lasting business relationships with clients;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent ability to obtain collaboration, influence the course of work and mobilize the project team towards the achievement of objectives;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to identify short and medium term objectives, map out strategies and assess resource requirements;
- Ability to evaluate the gaps between the current situation and the desired one according to the pre-established norms and standards and to make corrections in order to reach the targeted objectives;
- Sense of priorities;
- Good stress tolerance;
- PMP certification (asset);
- Experience with an ERP system (asset);
- Knowledge of the maritime world (asset).
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
We offer real development opportunities as well as a competitive compensation package and benefits:
- Permanent job – 37,5 hours per week;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Access to a bonus program;
- Complete group insurance (dental, vision, etc.);
- Work-life balance including the possibility of teleworking;
- Committee dedicated to listening to the needs of employees;
- Social activities based on employees’ interests;
- Health and safety initiatives program.
NB: Techsol Marine subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The use of the masculine gender in this document is only intended to lighten the text. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.