The incumbent will be responsible for scheduling labor, materials, subcontractors and equipment for all vessel electrical system modernization or refitting projects.
- Support the estimating team;
- Determine project completion timelines based on requirements and capacity;
- Prepare and maintain a consolidated schedule of all projects to determine real-time capacity over time;
- Prepare and maintain a schedule;
- Propose schedule scenarios to ensure objectives are met;
- Propose and/or identify improvements to the planning process;
- Coordinate meetings related to project planning;
- Provide leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on projects;
- Participate in and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.
Monitor project performance
- Collect, validate and analyze actual schedule data;
- Identify discrepancies between planned and actual schedules and communicate them to project managers;
- Propose options to correct the discrepancies.
Participate in the enhancement of the information system
- Generate progress reports;
- Produce performance indicators;
- Contribute to the optimization of planning tools (SAP – PM module, Zoho, etc.);
- Document the analysis carried out.
- Collegial diploma in engineering technology or any other training deemed equivalent;
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a planner;
- Knowledge of MS Project and SAP (PS Module) (asset).
- Good knowledge of French and English, oral and written;
- Thoroughness and strong analytical skills;
- Good organization of work and priorities;
- Ability to work under pressure and to lead several projects at the same time;
- Proactivity, flexibility and great capacity to adapt;
- Professionalism and diplomacy;
- Positive influence in the workplace;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
We offer real development opportunities as well as a competitive compensation package and benefits:
- Permanent job – 37,5 hours per week;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Access to a bonus program;
- Complete group insurance (dental, vision, etc.);
- Flexible work schedule;
- Work-life balance including the possibility of teleworking;
- Committee dedicated to listening to the needs of employees;
- Social activities based on employees’ interests;
- Health and safety initiatives program.
NB: Techsol Marine subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The use of the masculine gender in this document is only intended to lighten the text. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.