Technician – technical support
Reporting to the Director – Service and Technical Support, the incumbent will be the main technical point of contact for internal and external clients. The incumbent will support clientele in the resolution of technical problems and will collaborate with the various teams depending on the nature of needs (sales, engineering and project).
External technical support
- Ensure fast and quality client service at all times;
- Ensure management and follow-up of work orders for all remote technical problem resolutions and service calls;
- Perform remote troubleshooting directly with clients;
- Initiate support requests and follow up with the engineering team when necessary;
- Redirect all other related requests to colleagues (sales and projects) when required;
- Follow up with clients to document issues for future reference;
- Remain the main point of contact for clients during the warranty period of projects delivered in the last year;
- Follow up regularly with his superior regarding client satisfaction.
Internal technical support and improvement
- Support technicians during service calls;
- Participate in the training of new technicians;
- Provide feedback to engineering on problems encountered after projects are delivered;
- Provide technical advice to the internal salesperson in relation to the sale of parts;
- Participate in continuous improvement discussions of the company’s systems with the engineering and development team;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- DEC in industrial electronics technology, electrodynamics, instrumentation and control, electrical engineering or equivalent training;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Experience in troubleshooting automated systems;
- Any combination of education and experience deemed equivalent will be considered;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Intermediate/advanced English, both oral and written;
- Knowledge of communication protocols (NMEA, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP);
- Knowledge of the different known industrial product lines (PLC, Drive, HMI);
- Knowledge of SQL database, an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Resourcefulness and perseverance in the performance of duties;
- Effective management of priorities and pressure;
- Ability to adapt to client needs and changes in the environment.
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job – 40 hours per week;
- Possibility of overtime;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Generous employer contribution to the pension plan ;
- Complete group insurance (dental, vision, etc.);
- Work-life balance including the possibility of telework;
- Committee dedicated to listening to the needs of employees;
- Social activities based on employees’ interests;
- Health and safety initiatives program.
NB: Techsol Marine subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The use of the masculine gender in this document is only intended to lighten the text. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.